So, you may be able to figure out that this blog is about...bowling! I love bowling. I was fortunate to be able to bowl on a league when I was young. Since I was a military brat, I bowled on a YABA (Youth American Bowling Association) league. We had so much fun traveling around to the other bases in Germany to bowl against other teams. We had a very good team put together. We took 1st or 2nd place every year.
Tonight I took the kids bowling. I found a Groupon that gave me shoe rentals for four and two games each. I thought this would be a fun activity as we hadn't bowled since my teenagers were young and the youngest was a baby. Unfortunately, my oldest boy still wasn't feeling well and my daughter complained about everything. After the first game everyone finally settled down and started having a little fun. It is definitely an activity I would like to do again in the future, but I'm not sure I want to do it with my children. I thought I was doing something nice for them by getting them out of the house. But, all my daughter told me was that she wasn't having fun and that I promised them fun. How ungrateful can my children possibly be? Please, don't answer that!
I'm thinking about taking everyone to play Goofy Golf when the temperatures drop a little. But, after the bowling trip I'm not sure if I want to take them. My children have changed in the last five years. There was a time that they were grateful just to get out of the house and have a little fun. Now all they want to do is complain about everything! I am working so hard to try to make ends meet and give them everything they need. All I want is a little appreciation from them for the efforts I put in to try to give them the best life I possibly can. Is that too much to ask???
No comments:
Post a Comment