Today WAS NOT a good day at work. The day started out well enough, but all it takes is one domino to start the whole line falling. Unfortunately, everywhere you work there is always that one person who loves to stir things up. Well, this particular just happened to be in the mood to stir things up today. Now, I'm under the gun and have to go through retraining. The problem I'm facing is that no one likes change. Everything has to stay exactly as it always was. This includes working on outdated software with outdated equipment. How do you cope with trying to work in a modern day office when they don't want to move forward?
I've always been adaptable to change. I've spent my whole life having to adapt to change. From the time I was a baby I have moved at least once every two years, whether it was across state or across town. What I'm not used to is living in the dark ages. It's difficult to help a company move forward and meet its full potential when they don't want the help.
I've always been fascinated by the movie Titanic, and by the circumstances surrounding the real events. With all I know about what happened over 100 years ago, this feels a lot like those stories. I feel like we have hit a massive, unmovable iceberg and we are slowly sinking. The problem is, I don't know whether to jump ship or hold onto the door in the freezing water. I guess only time will tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment