Thursday, August 29, 2013
August 25, 2013 (Weigh Day)
So, when I got up this morning I turned on the Wii and put in Wii Fit. I discovered that I had made better progress than I thought. My weight was down 4.5 lbs. from my pre-cancer weight. I also discovered that I still have excellent balance and posture. That was one of the things I worried about while going through chemo and cancer treatments. My balance was way off during those months. It took me four years to recover my balance. I stumble every once in a while when I'm not feeling well or an infection has invaded my body. But, for the most part I have recovered my balance and posture. To bed sure that everything was correct, I also stepped on my bathroom scale (yes, I finally found it). They are within 5 lbs., so I'd say they were both pretty accurate. The only thing left for me to do is unpack my measuring tape and take my current measurements.
I did start yoga today as well. When you have cats it's very difficult to do anything without one of them wanting your attention. In the course of trying to do yoga, Callie (the youngest) knocked me over and was stepped on. Needless to say, the lesson learned here was that the cats need to be locked up before attempting yoga moves. I was sore the entire day from concentrating on trying to stay up instead of concentrating on my breathing technique. Hopefully the next time won't be as stressful.
Wii Fit also offers strength training and aerobics, so I will most likely be switching up my exercise routine quite often. I look forward to the day I find where I packed the Zumba for Wii. I really do enjoy dance and I think this is going to be a good way for me to lose more weight faster. I tried following Zumba on YouTube, but they position the camera to what they want you to see and you can't always follow the moves. I never did understand why they did this in exercise videos. Isn't the point of the video such that you should be able to copy all the steps, as if you were in an exercise studio? It kind of defeats the purpose if they close in on the faces. Their expressions aren't going to help me to mimic their moves. So, doing these exercises on the Wii helps because they give you a full view at all times and you just mirror their image. Let's see how long I can keep up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment