If you can't find a scale, what's the best way to know if you are losing weight? Put on a belt! I had to buy myself a belt about six months ago because my clothes were starting to fall off. I thought I would save everyone THAT blinding sight. When I purchased said belt I could only buckle it in the very last notch. Today I realized....I need a new belt! I have finally pulled it as tight as it is going to go. Some of you can only imagine what this must feel like. Some of you know EXACTLY what this feels like.
For those of you who have to imagine, let me help you out. Imagine the one thing you wish you had the freedom to just go out and buy, but don't have the money to get. Now, let's say you start putting away a few dollars here and there hoping to one day reach your goal. Then one day you go to put a little more money aside only to realize that you have finally reached that goal! Just how good would that make you feel? Now, instead of imagining a thing you just have to have, picture yourself obese, not knowing exactly what you did to get this big. Replace the image of yourself stashing away a few dollars here and there with the image of you shedding a few pounds here and there, then suddenly realizing you're no longer obese. See how good that feels?
For the longest time I could feel my clothes getting a little bit loose, but nothing really significant. Then one day I realized I no longer felt fat. I could feel the skinny finally fighting back to reclaim her place in my body. That's not to say that I am actually skinny. I am still obese, but just losing that little bit of weight here and there finally helped me to see that skinny can be possible. I have also noticed that I no longer eat as much as I did. I don't have the cravings that I once had. Now when I walk down the cookie aisle I can walk by those shelves with ease as I no longer have the desire to eat them. I do still indulge in a cookie or anything else sweet that might appease me, but it is no longer a desire to have to buy it. I can have these things in my home and not fear them. I now have control over my body. Look out world, I see a shopping trip in my future!
No comments:
Post a Comment