Anyone reading this who suffers with fibromyalgia or arthritis will be able to relate to this post. On-and-off Friday it rained here in "sunny" Florida. That was just the beginning. It rained all day Saturday. It rained all day Sunday. Now class, who can tell me what happens to your body when it rains and you suffer from one of the mentioned medical issues? Nothing good, I can tell you that!
It starts when you wake up and your whole body aches. I'm not talking about one of those "I slept wrong" kind of aches. I'm talking the "someone is stabbing me repeatedly with a thousand daggers...all at the same time" kind of ache. Then the electric shocks begin. Nothing good comes from those. Normally I would just take my medication and call it a day. But, my insurance doesn't like the cost of Lyrica and want me to pay $300 a month if I want to stay on it. Here's my dilemma. My doctor had tried me on a couple of different medications before deciding on Lyrica. Nothing worked. I was still bent over in excruciating pain, not knowing what was happening to my body. So, instead I stock up on Tylenol Arthritis. That is the only thing that will help in these situations.
Needless to say, I got absolutely NOTHING done this weekend. I did try. In between systems coming through, I did at least complete two loads of laundry and managed to unpack and clean some more dishes in the kitchen. OK, I lied. I did get some things done. But it sure wasn't easy. I spent most the weekend loading up on caffeine to try to help with some of the aches as well. The good thing about this weekend was that the boys were spending it with their dad, so I didn't have anyone here who needed my constant attention. I was able to relax and take care of myself. This isn't something I get to do often.
No comments:
Post a Comment