There's nothing like time you spend with your family. My family is on the larger side. For the most part, we are all really close. I enjoy the time that I get to spend with each and every one of them. Tonight was no exception. I spent time with my sister-in-law and niece.
My sister-in-law had made rice pudding earlier in the week. So, after a trip to Wal-Mart, our TV watching snack consisted of homemade rice pudding with rum-soaked raisins and pink moscato. The night's viewing was Cutthroat Kitchen. We had to catch up on the show because a friend of ours, Brian Cartenuto of Tucker Duke's Lunchbox in Valparaiso, Florida, is going to be on the show September 8. I am so excited! The entire Cartenuto family can cook circles around pretty much anybody. His brother, Chris Cartenuto, owns Joey Tomato's in Niceville, Florida.
Tucker Duke's sells the best hamburgers anywhere. I don't know what he uses to flavor his burgers, but even after you are full you just can't stop eating. He expanded into the food truck business not long ago. His brother now runs the Tucker Duke Lunchbox food truck that travels from Destin to Crestview serving some of the best food truck fare ever. Joey Tomato's serves salads and sandwiches during the day, served with their homemade potato chips, and the best Italian fare at night. My favorite nighttime menu item is the portabella mushroom fries.
I know this sounds like a shameless plug for the Cartenuto family, but I promise if you ever travel to the Emerald Coast you absolutely must stop at these two restaurants and give them a try. We have so much to offer here in the Florida Panhandle. Every day can be a new adventure. Hope to see you soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment