Wednesday, August 7, 2013

August 6, 2013 (Peace, By Piece, By Piece)

On this night I went to the LeadHer meeting where we watched a video about peace by Christie Love. We were asked where do we find our peace. Now, I know everyone is expecting me to give the good Christian answer - God's word, of course. But, I would be lying and we're not supposed to lie. I find my peace in NOT looking in mirrors. When I look into a mirror I see a woman looking back at me with this blank stare of disbelief. Where did this woman come from who is invading my mirror? Why is she in my mirror? Who invited her to the party? My peace comes from avoiding mirrors and not having to face this woman who has invaded my life and my body. My peace comes from how I feel about myself, me, the woman who dwells inside this broken vessel. As long as I don't look in a mirror I am this woman. I can stand tall, walk confidently, and feel like the most beautiful woman in the world because that's who I am, this woman inside.

This body I am in right now is nothing more than a fragile shell. Like the egg, this outer shell has been hardened by life. But, when you crack it, the most wonderful things come oozing out. With the egg comes two different kinds of wonderful. Either the egg is incubated and a baby chick hatches (new life), or the egg is taken from its nest and refrigerated (new purpose), leaving you with the second best breakfast food of all time (second to bacon, of course). Like the egg, once this cracked and aged shell falls away the most beautiful thing is going to happen. There will be new life that will lead to new purpose.

One of my friends asked a question of everyone on Facebook today. What do you want to achieve in life? I couldn't answer that question on her post because the answer is too long. I have many things I want to achieve in my life, the first being to meet my goal and finally have my reconstructive surgery. What does this have to do with peace? Well, since mirrors are a problem for me right now, it would bring me peace to be able to look at myself in a mirror again and not think of Dr. Frankenstein. It would bring me peace to know that not only did I win the battle, but I also won the war. Depending on who you are and where you are at in life, peace can come in so many different forms. For some, they are in a place right now where their peace does come from the Bible. God can bring about peace if you ask Him, but the Bible isn't the only avenue He uses.

No comments:

Post a Comment