Friday, August 16, 2013

August 16, 2013 (Not Just a Bra)

I bet I have you saying, "Hmmm...!" But, this blog isn't about supporting the girls. It's about receiving support! I'm talking about the kind you get from family and friends. Just as you need a good bra for support, you also need good friends, the kind of friends that will be true and honest and tell you when you're messing up.

I know that I have the best friends and family a girl could have to get me through this journey. But, today, I also found out that I have the best co-workers. At lunch today my manager saw the McDonald's bag on my desk. Before you judge, let me finish. My immediate supervisor brought in baked ziti for everyone for lunch today. We wanted a salad to go along with it. McDonald's has a side salad for just $1.00. It's healthy folks. Just let it go. My manager proceeded to tell me that he was happy to see us eating healthy. I told him that I was determined to get ready for this surgery. He told me that he would be watching what I was eating for lunch every day to make sure I was eating healthy. How's that for incentive? Yep, I opened that door wide up!

No comments:

Post a Comment