Sunday, August 4, 2013

August 4, 2013 (Exercise....Killing Me Softly)

Exercise...a necessary evil for a healthy body. Since I am still unpacking and haven't yet found my Zumba for Wii, I decided to turn to YouTube. The first channel I went to was EXTREMELY difficult. So, I changed my search criteria. I searched for Zumba for Beginners. I am so glad they took a small break between dances. And, since I am just starting out, I confess I paused it between songs. Oh, don't judge me. You know you would do the same thing. At least I had a large cup of water to drink in between songs. A few minutes cool down and a bit of hydration helped me make it through at least three songs out of four. Now, I just need to find that scale.

I pulled out the Wii Fit board and found the Wii Fit game, if you can call exercise a game. The cool thing about Wii Fit is that it can track my progress. It tracks my weight (yes, it's a scale too) and my balance progress. I can do Yoga, strength and balance training, and aerobics. I didn't realize how much I missed exercising. I was so fit and healthy when I was young. I look back at pictures of myself 25 years ago and I wonder what happened. I know aging is a natural process and that our scars are the story of ourselves. But, no matter how many times I said that getting angry and depressed only ages you, I still found myself angry and depressed. I tried to deny it, but now that it's all behind me I see that I slipped down that rabbit hole. I'm just happy I had the strength to pull myself back out.

Step one was getting divorced. Step two was finding a place of my own, that I hadn't shared with my ex-husband. Step three was getting off my butt and get moving again. The next step is scheduling. I need to schedule time for exercise, getting things unpacked and organized, getting on top of my finances, and finding time to fit in going back to school. It sounds more overwhelming than it really is. I actually enjoy school. I've always said that if I could make money at it, I would be a career student. Yes, I'm weird that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment