Thursday, August 29, 2013

August 26, 2013 (Sick Again...Why, Oh Why?!)

It has been a few months since anyone in my house was sick, but today broke that record. The boys visited with their dad over the weekend and it never fails. One or both almost always come home sick. Now, the youngest was coughing when he left the house, but that is due to allergies. The oldest wound up sick because he stayed in a room with no air circulation, no AC, and the place is filthy. Neither their dad nor their granny can figure out how to keep a house clean. The other problem is the roach infestation. The place is so taken over that they cannot kill them. This doesn't make for the best of environments.

Of course, their dad has yet to get them back on health insurance. Therefore, if any of them get sick I have to do everything I can to get them well as quickly as I can. I try not to let them get sick by taking every precaution possible, but I can't control the other environments they go into. As a condition of the divorce, their dad was ordered to carry health insurance on the kids, but he has yet to follow through on this. The state has even gone after him to get the insurance, but he keeps filing appeals to keep himself out of trouble. I would have already contacted the Army for help in forcing him to get them back on TRS, but he is up for medical review, so they're not going to enforce anything until they know whether or not he is staying in. This makes for a very difficult life.

The few times that he has promised everything was set up for the following month, he has always found a way to blow the money and put his account in the red before the first of the month. A couple of months it was because he fell for some Russian dating scam where he sent, via Western Union, a few hundred dollars to some chick who claimed she was trapped in Russia and needed to get back to America. Being a former cop, you think he would have been able to figure out this was a scam from the very beginning.

Now, I find out there is another woman that he is supposedly in a relationship with. I want so bad to tell her what she is getting into. This man has three children of his own that he can't figure out how to properly support. Yet, he thinks he is going to take care of another woman and her daughter. Again, he can't even figure out how to get our three children back on health insurance. How is he going to support yet another family?

No comments:

Post a Comment