The Players:
Ex-husband = Pot
Me = Kettle
The Setting:
Cellphone Text
The Moral of the Story:
Why he is and always will be my EX!
It all started on a dark, humid night full of fun times and good friends. The viewing party for Chef Brian Cartenuto began at 8:00pm on Sunday night. After the viewing my sister-in-law and I were invited to join him and his brother at McGuire's Irish Pub. We spent the last couple of hours of the night sitting around talking and laughing. It was 1:30am on Monday morning when we left for home. I first had to drop her off at her house, then pick up my daughter and head home myself. It was 2:45am by the time we reached the driveway.
At some point during the drive home I received a threatening text from my ex-husband stating, "Te you what I find out you said anything about Anthony and Kenny missing the bus . Ill have your ass just because their slush of a mother wants to use her daughter so she can go out and friken party." Sorry for the bad typing, but that was a direct quote. First, I am the furthest thing from a "slush", as he puts it. I very rarely drink. Besides that, I have an extremely high tolerance for alcohol. I have never been drunk a day in my life. Second, I didn't "use" my daughter as she was being paid to babysit my nieces so I could finally have a night out with my sister-in-law. We were going to support a friend on one of the biggest nights of his life. Third, before I left home for the night I made sure everyone had been fed supper and gave my 15-year-old bedtime instructions. I figured he was old enough to handle things this one time. Both the boys were in bed at a decent hour, had plenty of rest, and got up and off to school without a fuss. I love my children very much. I wouldn't do anything without being sure they were taken care of. Last, I had my phone on me the entire time. There was not a single time that night they weren't able to reach me.
Now that the kettle has blown off some steam, let me fill you in on the pot. One particular time that comes to mind was when my boys went to stay with their dad to spend some time with him. He lives with his mom, as most of you already know, and she isn't the best person to be around. That's a story for another time. He received a phone call from a friend and told my boys he would be back soon, that he had to go help a friend with a flat tire. Not only was he gone for over four hours, he was very much unreachable. My oldest son called me because he didn't know what to do. He said his dad had left to help someone and that he hadn't heard from him and could not get ahold of him for many hours. When he finally showed back up at the house he had been drinking. Now, knowing my ex-husband as I do, I can tell you exactly what happened that night.
The reason he even took the boys was because his friend most likely told him that something came up and they wouldn't be able to hang out. So, he decided he wanted to see the boys since he had nothing else to do. Once they were there he received a phone call from his friend that plans changed. He went out with them, drank and partied for about four hours, then returned home, most likely drunk. Now, there are many differences between these two scenarios. First, I made sure my boys knew where I was going and how late I would be out. Second, they could reach me. Third, I only had two drinks the entire night and drank three times that amount in water. Last, I didn't come home drunk or showing any signs that I had even had a drink. So, who's a bad parent now?
No comments:
Post a Comment