Wednesday, September 18, 2013

September 8, 2013 (Cutthroat Kitchen with Chef Brian)

Tonight was the most fun I have had since....forever! Tonight was the viewing party for Brian Cartenuto's appearance on "Cutthroat Kitchen". It was so amazing to see his family stand by him. Gail, Joe, and Chris were there to make this night very special for Brian. When I watch this family together I see what a true family looks like, acts like. I watched as Gail endured the heat, almost to the point of passing out, so she could be there to support her son. A mother's love can overcome any obstacle. I try to show this same kind of love to my children. I hope that one day they will recognize it as just that, LOVE!

As the night progressed and the show began, so did the fun. Round one began. The challenge was ravioli. Since Brian is Italian, this wasn't much of a challenge, not even when he was given jerky to use as a filler. After he made it through to the next round we were all served ravioli, not exactly the one he made on the show, but very close. Jerky as a filler for ravioli is actually quite amazing. Round two - hamburgers. Again, how is this a challenge for a man who has created the most amazing burgers ever? After all, he does own Tucker Duke's Lunchbox. What we were served after his challenge was no less amazing. On to round three. The final challenge was fried chicken. Again, seriously? He was raised in the south. I want more of that chicken! We are all so very proud of Brian for winning!

As for me, I was a winner too. I was given the chance at an awesome evening with good friends. I finally had the chance to hang out with my sister-in-law. She helped me to loosen up and come out of my shell, even if only for a little while. I discovered that I could have fun, that it's okay to loosen up every now and then. So, thank you to all who made this night wonderful, for including me in something very special.

No comments:

Post a Comment