Have you ever had those days that you felt like the universe was against you? That was how my day started. My sister-in-law called me this morning and wanted me to go with her to Pensacola. I was talking to my brother as she put my nieces in the car and waited for me. I left to go to the car, but I was in a hurry and didn't see the acorn nuts that had fallen to the ground. I slipped and threw myself forward onto the ground. The good thing is that I didn't twist anything. The bad thing is that I scraped both knees, had the cap of an acorn nut go through my left hand, and bruised my right hand.
I laid on the ground, face down, for a few minutes to catch my breath. When I rolled over I had blood running from the palm of my hand. I started feeling dizzy and extremely light-headed. While my sister-in-law went into the house to get what she needed to clean and bandage my wounds, I leaned up against the house to get my wits about me. When you're in shock it's hard to pull yourself out. Usually the only way I can shake it is to pass out. This time, somehow, I was able to avoid passing out. We cleaned my wounds and bandaged me up before heading to Pensacola. Since I didn't twist anything when I fell this time, I was fine other than a bruised hand.
After everything was done my sister-in-law told me something funny about my youngest niece. She was sitting behind her mother in the car when I fell. She saw me go down and said "uh-oh". When we went back into the house to give me a moment to rest she walked over to me, looked at my bandages, and again said "uh-oh". She is such a smart little tadpole.
No comments:
Post a Comment