Tuesday, October 8, 2013

October 8, 2013 (Pain, Sweet Pain)

I always know when the seasons are changing by the way my body reacts. Every nerve in my body is reacting to the current change in the seasons. I feel like I have stuck my finger in a light socket and can't pull it out. From the top of my head to the tips of my toes, I am in extreme pain. This is the life of a person living with fibromyalgia and arthritis. Unfortunately, one of the side effects of taking chemo is that things like arthritis are accelerated. One of the side effects of the Herceptin is fibromyalgia. The pain is so great that it leaves me with a headache and makes me extremely nauseous.

I do hold out some hope. One of my doctors told me that as the years pass and I lose the weight, at least the fibromyalgia should start to calm down. My greatest problem is that I cannot afford the medication that helped to calm all this down in order for me to live a somewhat normal life. I have health insurance, but they want me to pay $300.00 a month to take it. It has been suggested that I use a cheaper medication, but my doctors have tried me on all the medications available and Lyrica was the only one to do me any good. Now I am forced to take Tylenol Arthritis and Motrin, which help for just a short period of time. I don't want to get in the habit of taking these medications too much as I don't want my liver and other organs to suffer in the process.

So, in order to naturally counter the effects of fibromyalgia and arthritis, I'm going to have to fore myself to do yoga on a more regular basis. Yoga is good for releasing the pain through deliberate movements that force me to concentrate on breathing and posture. My goal is to help my body to control the nerves that are causing me all the pain. Along with doing yoga I'm going to start using the herbs and spices that have been proven to reduce pain and swelling in the body. I'm hoping that the combination of all of these things is going to help me feel a little more normal, not that I've ever really been normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment